Thursday 27 June 2013

Tag: How Much Does My Face Cost $$

So as promised, my new post is up today on the terrifying tag: How Much Does My Face Cost. If you read my previous post (my daily makeup routine), you would have realized that not much, hardly any of the products I use on my face are drugstore products. I guess this is the number one reason why this tag is making me worried as I know even before I start, that the amount accumulated will be a lot, and probably so much more than other bloggers! However, although this tag will probably give me a heart attack, I guess it is actually quite a good challenge as you are able to put in perspective how much your spending on make up! 

So Lets Start!
I am going to calculate everything that I've used on my face today!  - which basically is what I would use most days.

Skin Care
Sanctuary Spa - Fresh Faced Purifying Wash: £7.00
Sanctuary Spa - Exfoliating Pore Refiner: £10.29
Sanctuary Spa - Pore Refining Toner: £7.00
Body Shop - Vitamin E Moisture Cream: £10.00
                           Total: £34.29

Make Up: Face
Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclate Radiant Touch in Original/Number 1: £25.00
Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick in Natural Tan: £28.00
Bobbi Brown - Shimmer Brick in Bronze: £32.00
Mac - Sheertone Blush in Breath of Plum: £17.50  
(I don't even want to add this up! Ahh!) 
                             Total: £102.50 OMGG! *JawWideOpen*

Make Up: Eyes
Mac- Fluidliner in Blacktrack: £14.00
               Total: £14.00

Makeup: Lips
Benefit - Lip Stain in Posie Tint: £24.50
               Total: £24.50

Grande Total: £175.29

WOW! Although this is A LOT, to spend on make-up it wasn't actually as much as I predicted! However, I think this eye-opening challenge as made me realize that I could should cut down on some of these costs. I now believe you should figure out what products are necessary to buy at an expensive price. There are probably many drugstore products which are a lot cheaper that work just as good as some of the products I already use. For example, I definitely think I should trade in my Mac blusher, Benefit lip stain for drugstore alternatives. Although I absolutely adore my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze, I think a matt bronze would work best for me right now - from a drugstore! However, my skin care products and foundation I believe are justified as these products are what will keep your face clean and looking fresh - therefore these areas are definitely the ones where you are allowed to splurge if it's going to benefit you in the long run! As for my YSL magic wand, despite my unconditional love, I have heard that the Mac (and I think Maybelline) highlighters works just as good, which means I may actually have to consider these products instead.
Just as an added note, these products are good for me and my skin and do last me a very long time! 
So I guess in some sense, these products are worth the money! 


I hope you enjoyed reading this and I tag all of you to do this challenge and to
Twitter me or Comment below your Grande Total! 
Don't forget to comment and follow!

Reema, xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I'm a little bit obsessed with these posts at the moment, it's so interesting to see what people use! I think I'm so nosy! hehe : ) I'm going to do this over the weekend and I will make I send you the link xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know, it's a good way to find new products and know they're prices! Thanks, would love to read how much yours comes up to! x

      Delete
  2. great post! i'd love to do it myself but i'd probably cry at how much it would be!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc // youtube // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the exact same! But this has actually helped me to cut down a little, before doing this tag I had no idea how much I was spending! It's a really good eye opener! x

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's a lot! haha. I probably have about $20 worth on my face. I mainly buy drugstore products :) x

    ReplyDelete